UNION Ministry of Textiles- Office of the Development Commissioner (Handicrafts)
About and Benefits:
RGSSBY aims at financially enabling the artisans’ community to access to the best of healthcare facilities in the country
Annual assistance per family:
- IPD- Rs. 30,000
- OPD- Rs. 7,500
- Contribution by the Govt. of India : Rs.697/- or Rs. 797/- per annum
- Contribution by the handicrafts artisans : Rs.200/- or Rs. 100/-per annum
- Total premium : Rs. 897/- per annum
More details on
- Handicraft Artisans
- Annual limit per family - 1+4 (includes self, spouse and three dependent family members)
- All Craft persons whether male or female, between the age group of one day to 80 years
- All craft persons will be eligible to be covered under the Scheme subject to the conditions as applicable under RSBY of M/o Labour and Employment.
How to apply?
- The artisans seeking enrollment under the scheme has to register with the Office of the Development Commissioner (Handicrafts) for issuance of Identity Card.
- If not registered as yet, then the artisan can file an application for issuance of I-Card to the nearest Handicrafts Marketing & Service Extension Centre and can mention “Applied For” in the application for enrollment under the Scheme.
- Registration Fee of Rs. 30.
For more information on what kind of diseases are covered under the scheme: http://handicrafts.nic.in/welfare/faqrgssby.htm